Staff Assisted Home Hemodialysis
Staff-Assisted Home Hemodialysis is defined as dialysis treatments that are rendered by a licensed professional, (Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse) under the supervision of a Nephrologist, in the patient’s home. An experienced licensed dialysis nurse will come to your home to provide this service; therefore, absolutely NO TRAINING is required. Treatment is administered three times a week sometimes more for a duration of three to four hours. This unique option is family-oriented and supports lifestyle initiatives if chosen.
What are the benefits of Staff Assisted Home Dialysis?
- More freedom and control of your treatment times
- No more driving or commuting to Dialysis Centers
- One on one care by a licensed nurse
- Enjoy personalized treatment in the comfort and privacy of your own home
- Maintain a more normal schedule with increased quality time with family and friends
Key points about the program
- Your doctor provides oversight for your staff assisted home hemodialysis care.
- The dialysis equipment is a single-use system and remains in your home.
- Medications such as Heparin, Epogen, IV iron, antibiotics, etc., will be administered by the dialysis nurse as ordered by your doctor during your home treatments.
- Monthly and mid-month blood samples will be collected by our nurse during treatments and sent to the laboratory, so no need to leave the house.
- Dialysis supplies are delivered monthly by courteous staff by appointment.
- Water sampling, other environmental culturing, maintenance, and servicing of the hemodialysis equipment are maintained in your home by our qualified Bio Medical Technicians.
- Electricity and water use are minimal.
- Pickup services for biohazard waste are scheduled and disposed of per regulatory guidelines by our staff.
- The social worker and renal dietitian will make appointments to visit you to ensure that your needs are being met.
- Patient care conferences will be held monthly with you and your health care team.